This recipe is ridiculously easy. All you need is a microwave, but you can use a stove top too.
I want you to picture your favorite breakfast. You’re about to realize everything you believe to be amazing is sub-par
Okay maybe I’m incredibly over-hyping this, but it’s really good and really easy to make.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk* (or regular milk)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced (you don’t have to peel if you don’t have time)
- Handful of chopped walnuts, however many you want
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Grab a medium sized bowl. Combine oats and milk and stir.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes, being careful to make sure the milk doesn’t bubble over. Stir after each minute if this is an issue.
- Afterwards, add the apples, walnuts and cinnamon. Let sit for a minute before stirring in.
- Mix it all up and enjoy! It it’s not sweet enough, add a little bit or honey or sugar. You shouldn’t have to though, it’s delicious!
You don’t have to use almond milk, but I’d recommend it. Almond milk stays better for longer in the fridge. If you aren’t an avid milk drinker, this can really help you save money and reduce waste!