I’m going to get to the point real fast for you:
This salad is delicious and you should absolutely make this with a halloumi veggie sandwich
I came up with the recipe on the spot when I had nothing else to eat. It’s great with lunch, and a perfect dinner side dish. Think chicken or sustainably sourced salmon. You can always enjoy it as a quick snack, no judgement from me!
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped kale (tip on Kale Prep)
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp oil (prefer sunflower, olive works too)
- 1 tsp of vinegar, like white wine vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, raw or toasted in a pan
- 1-2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 or 3 fresh basil leaves (chopped), optional
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach and kale. Mix together for even distribution.
- Add the honey, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk this together to make a quick, yummy salad dressing.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the large bowl, along with the almonds.
- Mix in the salad dressing (as much as you’d like) and toss the salad.
- Add the feta cheese now and lightly mix to prevent the cheese from becoming an absolute disaster in the bowl.
- Serve, topping it with fresh basil if available.