I’m going to get to the point real fast for you:
This salad is bomb, so make it
I came up with the recipe on the spot when I had nothing else to eat. It’s a great lunch, and perfect side dish with chicken or salmon. You can also just enjoy the pure vegetarian dish this is
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped kale (Tip on Kale Prep)
- a drizzle of honey (or just a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, raw or toasted in a pan
- 1-2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes (I like to use about 8 or 9)
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 or 3 fresh basil leaves (chopped), optional
- Combine the spinach and kale in a bowl. Mix together to form an even disbursement.
- Drizzle the honey over the mix, then add the vinegar and ground black pepper. Mix again.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, feta, and almonds, this time mixing gently to avoid making a feta cheese disaster.
- Serve, topping it with fresh basil if available.
- Throw it all in a bowl, mix it up and eat it!
Either way, you’ll enjoy it.